After the opening event on 27 February 2019, and the First Workshop on 6 June 2019: “Judges in comparison, laws and jurisprudential guidelines on the fight against radicalization and de-radicalization phenomena of an Islamist matrix in the trans-Mediterranean area”, the second appointment of the University of Ferrara for the International Project “PriMED – Prevention and Interaction in the Trans-Mediterranean Space” will be held remotely on 17 June 2021.
The Workshop, organized by the University of Ferrara together with the lead partner University of Eastern Piedmont, aims to analyze and offer a reading of the contents of islamist radicalization and the methods of their transmission through the media, social networks and the web.
The event is organized in two Panels. The first, in the morning – from 9.30 to 13.00 – dedicated to the contributions of Italian and foreign academics and scholars, on the general issues of freedom of expression, discrimination due to radicalization,
hate speech, fake news and politics in contrast to radicalization and the representation of Islam through the media.
The second Panel, in the afternoon – from 3.00 pm to 6.00 pm – provides interventions by experts, Italian and foreign, who work in practice (journalists, platform managers, postal police, representatives of civil society) on the issues of information on the radicalization of islamist matrix and its peculiarities, on investigation and monitoring techniques as well as the identification of a possible construction of a counter-narrative in a preventive function.
The event will be preceded by institutional greetings from the Rector of the University of Ferrara, Prof. Giorgio Zauli, the Director of the Department of Law, Prof. Daniele Negri, Prof. Enrica Martinelli, scientific referent of the PriMED Project for Unife and Prof. Roberto Mazzola, scientific Director of the PriMED Project.
Subscribe to workshop for students
streaming will start in:
9:00 – 09:30
Gian Carlo Avanzi
Rector of the Eastern Piedmont
Italian Interior Minister
Coordinator of the Council for relations with Italian Islam at the Italian Ministry of the Interior
Prefect of Ferrara
Commissioner of Ferrara
9:30 – 13:00
Catholic University of Milan
National coordinator for the fight against anti-Semitism (PriMED)
Catholic University of Milan
University of Turin
University of Turin
Stefano Pasta – Odio in rete e radicalizzazione islamista (PriMED)
Cristiana Cianitto – Hate Speech da e contro l’Islam (PriMED)
El Mostafa Rezrazi – Policies to combat Islamist radicalization phenomena online in the Southern Mediterranean
Massimo Durante – Fake News e politiche di contrasto alla radicalizzazione
Marinella Belluati – La rappresentazione dell’Islam attraverso i media
Matteo Colombo – Il discorso riguardo ad IS su Twitter
15:00 – 18:00
Director of the National Office against Racial Discrimination of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers (UNAR)
Triantafillos Loukarelis - Profili di discriminazione verso la comunità musulmana in ragione dei fenomeni di radicalizzazione
Patrizio Nissirio – Media, migrazioni e la minaccia del terrorismo: la narrazione da evitare
Chama Darchoul – Radicalization: how to inform
Catherine Cornet – Narrazione mediatica in Francia su Islam e terrorismo. Costruzioni di nemici incrociati
Nunzia Ciardi – Social Media e radicalizzazione sul web: ruolo delle strutture di Law Enforcement nel contrasto al cyberterrorismo
Ezio Gaetano – Counter International Extremism and Terrorism Service – Head of Internatinal Relations Division – Ministero dell’Interno
Tiziana Motta – Consorzio TOP-IX - Internet Exchange
Michele Brunelli - Università di Bergamo
Scuola di Polizia di Alessandria
Divisione Investigazioni Generali e Operazioni Speciali - Digos
Procuratori di Torino
Leader comunità musulmane
Tutta la Rete Primed
Studenti della Rete PriMED
Studenti Master di Bergamo
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PRIMED PROJECT - FINANCED BY THE MUR – THREE YEAR DURATION
The PRIMED project, Prevention and Interaction in the Trans-Mediterranean Space, addresses, in an interdisciplinary perspective, the cognitive and operational needs connected to the integration processes in Italy and the fight against radicalization, around three axes:
- Scientific cooperation between Italy and OCI countries on the issues of integration and radicalization, through the establishment of an inter-university network of students, researchers and teachers, inspired by the Learning by sharing model (12 ITALIAN AND 10 FOREIGN UNIVERSITIES) *;
- Training of the actors of integration policies and fight against radicalization operating in local authorities, prefectures, penitentiary administration and state police, schools, social and health structures and in the economic field;
- Training of religious leaders, imams and murshidat, for a fruitful integration of their functions in Italy.
* Italian Universities: University of Eastern Piedmont; University of Padua; University of Insubria; University of Turin; University of Ferrara; University of Milan; University of Milan Bicocca; Catholic University of the Sacred Heart of Milan; University of Rome 3; University Campus Link; LUM; University of Bari “Aldo Moro”.
Foreign Universities of OCI Countries: Cairo University (Egypt); Mohammed V University of Rabat (Morocco); University of Tunis-Carthage (Tunisia); International University of Rabat (Morocco); Hassan II University of Casablanca (Morocco); Sultan M. Slimane University of Beni Mellal (Morocco); University Saint-Joseph of Beirut (Lebanon); University of Abéché (Chad); Ziane Achour University of Djelfa (Algeria); Abdou Moumouni University of Niamey (Niger)
The PRIMED Project is characterized by the distinguished and consolidated experience of research and of international and institutional cooperation, in the specific themes of the call, of the involved universities.
Among others, the following should be noted:
- The establishment of the FIDR – International Forum for Democracy & Religions – Interuniversity Research Center, which today brings together twelve Italian Universities (University of Eastern Piedmont, State University of Milan, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart of Milan, University of Milan Bicocca, University of Insubria, University of Padua, University of Turin, University of Ferrara, University of Bari “Aldo Moro”, LUM, University of Rome 3, University of Rome “La Sapienza”);
- The three-year experience (2010-2013), within the FIDR actions, of the project “New religious presences in Italy. A path of integration”, financed by the Compagnia di San Paolo in collaboration with the Ministry of the Interior and focused on the civic and civil training of the leaders of Muslim associations in Italy;
- Training of stakeholders and representatives of Muslim communities (Padua – Eastern Piedmont);
- The Master in European Islamic Studies and training for imams and Murshidats and ministers of worship working in the prison context (Padua-Eastern Piedmont);
- The Master in Terrorism, Prevention of Radicalization and Interreligious and Intercultural Integration (University of Bari “Aldo Moro”)
- The Research projects on radicalization processes of the Universities of Padua, Cattolica of Milan and Padua, Rome 3, Turin, Link Campus University;
- The REDESM Center – “Religions, Rights and Economies in the Mediterranean Space” (University of Insubria), on juridical-economic cooperation with OCI countries;
- The double degree course of the University of Turin with the Université Mohammed VI of Rabat (Morocco)
- The participation of scholars from partner universities in the Commission of the Presidency of the Council on radicalization and in the Council for Italian Islam of the Ministry of the Interior.
* Italian Universities: University of Eastern Piedmont; University of Padua; University of Insubria; University of Turin; University of Ferrara; State University of Milan; University of Milan Bicocca; Catholic University of the Sacred Heart of Milan; University of Rome 3; University Campus Link; LUM; University of Bari “Aldo Moro”.
Foreign Universities of OCI Countries:
Cairo University (Egypt); Université Mohammed V de Rabat (Morocco); University of Tunis-Carthage (Tunisia); International University of Rabat (Morocco); Université Hassan II de Casablanca (Morocco); Université Sultan M. Slimane-B. Mellal (Morocco); Université Saint-Joseph de Beirut (Lebanon); Université d’Abéché (Chad); Université Ziane Achour de Djelfa (Algeria); Université Abdou Moumouni de Niamey (Niger)
Stampa & Social media
estense.com - Da Unife le proposte per contrastare la jihadosfera
lanuovaferrara.gelocal.it –Islam e radicalizzazione A Unife esperti europei
unife.com – Workshop "Radicalizzazione e sistema informativo. Media e Social Network nei processi di radicalizzazione"
giuri.unife.it – Workshop "Radicalizzazione e sistema informativo. Media e Social Network nei processi di radicalizzazione"
digspes.uniupo.it – Workshop "Radicalizzazione islamista e sistema informativo"
Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza e Scienze Politiche, Economiche e Sociali-DiGSPES
Università degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale
E-mail: [email protected]
Indirizzo: Via Camillo Cavour, 84, 15121 Alessandria AL, Italia